The Power of Physician Coaching
Let’s face it, as Dr. Mommies we are “I can do it all by myself” kind of people. We “don’t need nobody’s help”. As doctors, we pride ourselves in learning and knowing our craft very well. And in our jobs as physicians, it’s ESSENTIAL. It’s the difference between life and death. But as Einstein once said, “No problem can be solved from the same consciousness level that created it” and when it comes to applying knowledge to our own problems, sometimes knowing makes no difference. Think about it. Most people know what it takes to lose weight, right? Calories in vs Calories out… simply put, Diet and Exercise. But how many people are still overweight and even morbidly obese. KNOWING MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Similarly, people KNOW how to quit smoking. But how many people TRY multiple times and FAIL before they finally go in to see the doctor for that added help to have them be successful?
Similarly ACTION WITHOUT INSIGHT LEADS TO EINSTEINS INSANITY TRAP… “Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result”. The thing is this. You can know theoretically how to make changes. You may even take actions based on some of that knowledge. You may find another job. You may make changes in your household, but unless you get to the root cause of what’s in between you and effective action, you will continue to fall back into old habits leading you to the very suffering that you were attempting to extinguish in the first place.
When you are the fish in water , you are too close to whatever it is you are dealing with to see the forest for the trees. YOU HAVE BLIND SPOTS!
That is why it is not just SMART, it’s ESSENTIAL to Invest in Mentoring: Everyone should have a mentor. Mentoring brings 2 things: NEW IDEAS and ACCOUNTABILITY
When you get a Second opinion from a physician coach or mentor, you are getting someone to listen to you with fresh ears and look at your circumstance with fresh eyes, without blame, shame, or judgment ….a coach hears and sees the things you may not necessarily see and can give you a different perspective you may not have thought about before
A good coach will give you great ideas AND make sure you act on them
- As an example in our coaching programs we have our Dr. Mommies
- Creating their ideal careers and earning more income without having to work more hours.
- Rekindling fires with their spouses and significant others
- Getting more time with their kids AND more time for themselves
- Discovering what they love and taking up new hobbies
- Making new friendships and rekindling friendships that had previously been lost because they were “too busy for them” before
- Starting new entrepreneurial ventures and creating new streams of income
- These are things that could not happen on their own without having invested in a good coach.
The Result is a new view of life, new actions, and results you may not have thought possible.
Who wouldn’t want that?
Questions? You may contact me directly using the web form below.