Sweet and spicy, creamy and crunchy; the perfect summer meal that comes together in under 15 minutes. Enjoy!!
Prep time: 5 Min | Cook time: 8 Min | Total time: 13 Min
[Cajun Spices .. to taste]
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1½ tsp dried thyme
1½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ tsp black pepper
½ tbsp butter
½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
12 Medium fresh Scallops, cleaned and patted dry (see notes)
1 lb shrimp
4 Medium avocados, sliced
2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
2 Green onions (scallions, sliced)
1 Medium jalapeño pepper (seeds and ribs), diced
½ Cup corn
Ranch Dressing (to taste)
- First prepare the Cajun spice (you can store the leftover in an airtight container for up to 6 months), mix together the sweet paprika, dried thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, cayenne pepper and black pepper.
- Lightly season the scallops with the Cajun spice on both sides.
- Over medium high heat, add the butter and olive oil to a sauté pan.
- Add the scallops to the pan when it's hot and the fat has melted.
- Don't touch the scallops until you are going to flip them; about 2-3 minutes, when you see the edges are browning and it's starting to cook towards the middle.
- Drop the heat to medium after the scallops have been flipped.
- Cook for about another minute and then add in the shrimp just to warm them through (season the shrimp the Cajun seasoning too).
- You can tell the scallop is cooked when the middle is opaque and is slightly warm. Also if using fresh shrimp you can tell they're cooked when they are pink and opaque and have curled into the letter "C".
- To serve, evenly place all the veggies on a plate, then top evenly with the seafood and then drizzle some of the ranch over the plates.
- Serve immediately