These lentil stuffed peppers take no time to make and the ingredients are super simple. Enjoy!!
3 small-medium, or 2 large bell peppers
2 large carrots, diced
½ a yellow onion, diced
¾ cup diced mushrooms
1 Tbsp + ½ tsp curry powder
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp tomato paste
½ cup lentils (any color will work)
1½ cups low sodium vegetable broth (See Tip below)
2 handfuls of spinach
Tip: The amount of broth varied depending on the brand of lentils; start with 1.5 cups and add more as need.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prep the peppers. Slice each pepper in half and remove the seeds. Place in a baking dish, filled with about 1cm of water. Cover with aluminum foil. Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until peppers have softened and cooked. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a
medium sizedpot, heat a dash of oil over med-high heat. Add onion, carrot, and mushrooms and saute for a minute or so until the onion begins to soften.
- Add the curry, ginger, turmeric, and tomato paste.
- Add the lentils and broth. Cook until the lentils are soft and have absorbed the majority of the broth.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Spoon lentil mixture into the pepper halves. Serve with a side salad and enjoy!