Farmer's Market Corn Chowder
Filled with fresh corn on the cob, cauliflower, and potatoes, you'll love this farmer's market corn chowder for an easy and healthy summer dish!
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 45 min
Serves: 4-6 servingsIngredients
2 tbsp avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
1 medium onion, chopped small
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 large carrot, chopped small
1 large celery stalk, chopped small
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
4 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob (approx 2 cups of corn if using frozen or canned)
2 cups cauliflower, chopped small
1 medium potato, chopped into ¼ inch cubes
2 bay leaves
1 tsp dried thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the avocado oil in a large pot
- Add the onions, cook for 2 minutes, then lower to medium heat and let cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Next add the garlic, carrot, and celery, and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add the corn, cauliflower, potato, bay
leave, and thyme. Lower the heat to low, put the cover on and let simmer for 20-30 minutes,until potatoes are tender.
- Remove half the soup from the pot and place in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add back to the pot and stir together.
- Add the salt & pepper, fresh thyme