Healthy Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Boats
Rich and creamy homemade and healthy Alfredo sauce .. yum! Alfredo sauce just automatically pairs with chicken and broccoli, so try this healthy spin. Enjoy!!Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
¾ cup vegetable or chicken stock
2 tsp cornstarch
½ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular, preferably 2%)
½ cup shredded Parmesan
1 Tbsp plain cream cheese (preferably full fat)
¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
¼ tsp pepper
¼ salt or to taste - depending on the salt content of your stock
1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
1-2 cups broccoli florets
2 green onions, chopped
1 spaghetti squash, cut in two
- Roast spaghetti squash (cut in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, lightly brush with olive oil and place flesh side up on a baking tray, in oven for 45 minutes @ 400°F). You may do this well in advance or the day before.
- Cook chicken (I recommend placing a dob of butter in a baking pan and seasoning chicken with salt and pepper. Cook @ 400°F for 30 minute or until cooked all the way through).
- Lightly steam broccoli until fork tender
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and saute until golden. Carefully add stock. Sit cornstarch with 2 tsp water and stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce pan. Stir frequently over heat until mixture begins to thicken (3-4 minutes). Take off heat.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and stir to melt. Stir in cream cheese and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and additional garlic powder if desired.
- Add in cooked chicken pieces, broccoli florets and green onion (reserving some for garnish)
- Pour Alfredo mixture into both sides of spaghetti squash. Top with additional Parmesan if desired and place in oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Garnish with extra green onion.