Rich and creamy homemade and healthy Alfredo sauce .. yum! Alfredo sauce just automatically pairs with chicken and broccoli, so try this healthy spin. Enjoy!!Ingredients
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, chopped
¾ cup vegetable or chicken stock
2 tsp cornstarch
½ cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular, preferably 2%)
½ cup shredded Parmesan
1 Tbsp plain cream cheese (preferably full fat)
¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
¼ tsp pepper
¼ salt or to taste - depending on the salt content of your stock
1 chicken breast, cooked and sliced
1-2 cups broccoli florets
2 green onions, chopped
1 spaghetti squash, cut in two
- Roast spaghetti squash (cut in half lengthwise, scrape out the seeds, lightly brush with olive oil and place flesh side up on a baking tray, in oven for 45 minutes @ 400°F). You may do this well in advance or the day before.
- Cook chicken (I recommend placing a dob of butter in a baking pan and seasoning chicken with salt and pepper. Cook @ 400°F for 30 minute or until cooked all the way through).
- Lightly steam broccoli until fork tender
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and saute until golden. Carefully add stock. Sit cornstarch with 2 tsp water and stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce pan. Stir frequently over heat until mixture begins to thicken (3-4 minutes). Take off heat.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and stir to melt. Stir in cream cheese and yogurt. Season with salt and pepper and additional garlic powder if desired.
- Add in cooked chicken pieces, broccoli florets and green onion (reserving some for garnish)
- Pour Alfredo mixture into both sides of spaghetti squash. Top with additional Parmesan if desired and place in oven for 10-15 minutes, until golden. Garnish with extra green onion.