Paleo Buffalo Mozzarella & Salami Pizza with a Cauliflower Crust
This pizza is so exceptionally delicious and authentic, with the cauliflower crust resembling a 'normal' pizza base to perfection! You'll never look back or try any other recipe to create a pizza base. The crust turns out light, crispy and fluffy and exactly how a pizza base should be. Enjoy!!Ingredients
1 medium-large cauliflower
Half cup almond/coconut/tapioca flour
1-2 tsp. salt
1-2 tsp. pepper
1-2 tsp. mixed herbs
1 tsp. garlic powder
Handful sliced salami/chorizo
100g buffalo mozzarella
100g tomato puree
Fresh herbs (to garnish)
- Cut up the cauliflower and blend (just the flowers, not the stems) until the cauliflower is a rice-like consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the blender and place in a cloth.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible until the cauliflower is a s dry as possible.
- Then, in a bowl, place the cauliflower, egg, flour, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and garlic powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Grease up some parchment paper and place on a tray.
- Place the cauliflower on the tray and use your hands to flatten into your desired shape, making the edges thicker to form the 'crust'.
- Place in the oven for approximately ten minutes or until browned and hardened like a pizza base.
- Remove from the oven and top with the puree, mozzarella, tomatoes, herbs and salami before placing back in the oven and baking for a further ten minutes or until the cheese has nicely melted.