This updated modern take recipe takes just minutes to make, and is sweet, savory, and so good! If you're doing a potluck, this is a must bring! Enjoy!!
Prep time: 10 min | Total time: 10 min
[For the Salad]
1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
2 (3-ounce) packages of ramen noodles, crumbled (you will not use the seasoning packet)
1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and julienned/diced
½ cup thinly-sliced almonds
½ cup thinly-sliced green onions (scallions)
Asian honey vinaigrette
[For the Vinaigrette]
2/3 cup vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
1/3 cup honey (or agave, to make this vegan)
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
2 teaspoons soy sauce
¼ teaspoon sesame oil
Pinch of salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 425° degrees. Spread the crumbled ramen noodles and sliced almonds out on a baking sheet, and stir a bit to combine. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the almonds and noodles are slightly toasted and golden. Remove baking sheet, and give the mixture a good stir to toss.
- Then return it to the oven and toast for an additional 3 minutes. Keep a very close eye on the mixture so that it does not burn. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together until combined.
- Add ingredients (including the vinaigrette) together in a large bowl, and toss until combined.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.