Southwestern Quinoa Salad
This healthy, spicy Southwestern salad features my favorite superfood - quinoa. It's as easy as it is flavorful without adding a ton of unnecessary calories. Enjoy!
[For the Dressing]
Juice of 8 limes
Zest of 2 limes
¼ cup olive oil
½ tablespoon of salt
½ tablespoon of pepper
½ teaspoon of cumin
½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
[For the Salad]
2 15 oz cans of black beans
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 red bell peppers, diced
½ bunch scallions, sliced thinly
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 red onion, diced
2 jalapenos, chopped (and seeded for less spice)
4 corn on the cob, roasted
1 ½ cups quinoa, cooked
2 avocados, chopped
- Mix all dressing ingredients together and let sit in fridge while preparing salad.
- Combine first 7 salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Place cleaned ears of corn directly on oven rack and roast for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let chill.
- Cut corn kernels off the cob and mix in bowl with other ingredients.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine quinoa in bowl with salad ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Place in fridge for 1-3 hours.
- Remove from fridge and mix in avocado gently.
- Serve at room temp and enjoy!