Vegan Banana Nut Bread
You don't need dairy or eggs to make a moist and delicious banana nut bread. Try this vegan version and see what your taste buds say! Enjoy!!
2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
¾ tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
½ cup 100% pure maple syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8x4 loaf pan with oil and flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, maple syrup, applesauce, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into the center of the dry ingredients, mixing just until everything is evenly moistened.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Distribute evenly but no need to spread batter to the edges; the batter will spread as it bakes.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes until edges turn golden brown and sides pull away.
- Let bread cool for at least 30 minutes, then run a knife around the edges and carefully invert the loaf onto a cooling rack.