Maple Mustard Poppy Seed Baked Cod
Super simple maple mustard poppy seed sauce that is the perfect pair with baked cod! A Quick, Healthy, Paleo friendly meal. Not to mention delicious! Enjoy!!
Prep time: 5 min | Cook Time: 12 min | Total Time: 17 min
2 to 3 pieces of 4 oz alaskan cod
3 Tbsp dijon mustard or stone ground mustard
½ tsp minced garlic powder (not salt)
¼ tsp mustard powder
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or substitute honey)
1 tsp poppy seed
¼ tsp each sea salt/black pepper
¼ Cup Chopped onion (white or green)
Lemon juice (1 tsp or half a lemon juiced)
Tip: If you want it more tangy than sweet, add in ½ tsp white distilled vinegar (or rice vinegar)
- Mix the first 7 ingredients together in small bowl. Set aside.
- Clean 3 pieces of 4-6oz cod/other white fish . Sprinkle each fillet with a dash of sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the poppyseed mustard sauce on top of each fillet. sprinkle 1/4 cup of the chopped onion over the fish (evenly)
- Roast at 400°F for 10-12 minutes. 15 minutes if using salmon.
- Remove and squeeze lemon juice on top (just a little onto each fillet).
- or you can cut a thin slice and place it on top of fish before serving.
- Add more pepper/sea salt to taste if desired.