A salad like this is a healthy meal any time of year, because all ingredients are basically always available: green lettuce, chicken, avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella, black bean, pecans. Serve this salad with your favorite corn bread and your Southern Grilled Chicken Meal Salad is more than complete. Enjoy!!
Prep time: 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Servings: 2Ingredients
8 ounces skinless boneless chicken breast
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups Boston lettuce butter or bibb lettuce or mixed salad greens
1 whole avocado
1 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
1/2 cup black beans
4 ounces Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup pecans
For the dressing
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 drops tabasco sauce
1 teaspoon honey
fresh cilantro basil
salt and pepper
- Mix chili powder, sugar, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper and rub it into the chicken on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a grilling pan and grill the chicken on both sides until done. A total of about 8-10 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest before you cut it in thin slices.
- Wash the lettuce and cut it into strips. Pit and peal the avocado and slice it. Wash the tomatoes and halve them.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Rinse and drain the mozzarella and cut in half or more, depending on the size of mozzarella balls you have.
- Chop the pecan coarsely.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking oil, lime juice, Tabasco, honey, herbs and salt and pepper together.
- Divide the lettuce over 2 plates and arrange the chicken, avocado, tomatoes, mozzarella and black beans in top of the lettuce.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and garnish with pecans.