Zucchini Chickpea Stew can be eaten hot or cold. Try it over quinoa or your favorite grain for a complete meal. You can make this vegan recipe ahead of time and enjoy it later for quick lunches or dinners. Enjoy!!
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 30 min
1 cup yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 zucchini sliced lengthwise, then sliced into thin half circles
1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces) with their juice
1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) (14.5 ounces or 1 1/2 cups), rinsed and drained
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
1 Tablespoon olive oil (optional)
1 cup quinoa cooked, for serving (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add oil, if using.
- Saute the onion for a couple of minutes until it's translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30-60 seconds.
- Add the zucchini. Saute, stirring often, until the squash has softened and is lightly browned.
- Add the can of tomatoes and their juices, the chickpeas, and smoked paprika. Stir and simmer until heated through.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the parsley.
- Serve over quinoa, if desired.